HAPPY GIRLS ARE THE PRETTIEST GIRLS

Sunday, October 9, 2011

World War II Museum

I don't know if everyone knows this but I really enjoy learning about world war II, it's something that I've always been really interested in. In Idaho Falls we have the Museum of Idaho. The last exhibit was the BODIES, which was absolutely amazing and so this time they put in a World War II exhibit. Ryan decided that he really wanted to take me. It was so awesome. They had a lot more stuff then i had expected. I enjoyed getting to explain a little about world war II to Ryan and the things that I had seen previously in Europe. I was impressed with the collection of uniforms that this museum had, they also had a plane (B-16


), didn't grandpa fly the B-17's? It was really interesting to see all the people in the museum, mostly elderly. I saw one man who was looking through everything and just had tears streaming down his face. Ryan and I were talking about how prophets and apostles always say that our generation will be the hardest to live through but they had to live through sending their sons and husbands and children to war and didn't have a choice. It's a very humbling feeling. Here are a few pictures that I took in the museum

I have been to Omaha Beach

These are the nazi parties ceremonial jackets.

This is the ticket they gave you, I thought they were pretty cool.

Ryan and I both walked out of the museum with a better appreciation for the men and women that fight for our country and our freedom.

4 comments:

Plattfamily said...

Im so glad you got to do this! What a fun day and you already knew so much. Thanks for being grateful. You could always write your grandparents and thank papa...they would love that.

Shopkins said...

How cool!!! So glad you were able to get out of the snow and see WWII stuff. I can just see grandpa pointing at everything with his middle finger explaining what everything is. :) haha What a great experience.

Meredith said...

I love good museums. It never does it justice though compared to having actually standing in a concentration camp.

Jenna said...

What a cool museum!Glad you guys got to go.