HAPPY GIRLS ARE THE PRETTIEST GIRLS

Monday, May 30, 2011

Betty Crocker




I've made a meal just about every single night for the past month. On Sunday I wanted to try making some fettachini alfredo with homemade alfredo sauce, and i did it! It turned out SO good! I was quite impressed with myself to be honest. I was really excited that it turned out so well. This was also the first time that I have used all of the burners at the same time, things got a little crazy but it tuned out great and i was really excited about it. Here is the recipe if you wanna try it
1/2 cup butter
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (I used mazerella and it turned out just fine!)
1 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
pepper, to taste

1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter.

2. Once butter is almost melted, add the package of cream cheese. It's easiest to cut it into 4 pieces so that it melts quicker.

3. Once butter and cream cheese are mixed well together, add the cup of half and half, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and then shake pepper on top. Stir all together until well mixed.

4. Once it's mixed well and saucelike, take it off the burner and set aside so it can thicken up. Stir every few moments.
Here are a few pictures. sorry that my camera stinks, it really looks better then the pictures give it credit for! I also put some chicken and broccoli in it as well. That gave it more flavor too!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

This looks so yummy!!!! I love alfredo. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Meredith said...

I've been looking for an alfredo recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Gary Hardy said...

Annie this is why I love you and this is why I love your blog. Because of you and the fact that Mere reads your blog, I will also get to try this recipe!! :-)