HAPPY GIRLS ARE THE PRETTIEST GIRLS

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'M JUST THE BABYSITTER!!!

So i have a regular babysitting job in Del Mar on Wednesday afternoons. So i picked the little girl up from school; we walked home and she ran to the side door. we have to plug in a password to get into the house. So isabel got to the door before i did and put in the wrong password i then put in the right one and opened the door. as soon as i opened the door the alarm went off. I'm thinking GREAT! this alarm was probably the loudest one that i have ever heard! I found where the alarm thing was and of course there were a million buttons. Just like in the commercials the phone rang and someone said, "this is so and so from something security, is everything alright?" i explained what had happened and they asked for the "secret code" how the heck am i suppose to know what the "secret" password was?! i tried to explain that i was only the babysitter...apparently that didn't mean much to then. The sound went off but i noticed that if you had opened any of the doors that led outside the alarm would go off again. I had to pick up Daniel in a half an hour! We were reading and all of a sudden the front door started to creek open...so i went to shut it. I heard someone yell "HEY!" when i did so i opened the door slowly. The was a police officer hiding by the garage with his gun out and everything. It was quite intense! I had to explain that "I'M ONLY THE BABYSITTER!" he asked me a few questions and got my name and what-not. The dad called and then the mom came home about twenty minutes later. She felt awful! It was such an eventful day! I had a gun pulled on me and everything!! Good times babysitting...good times....

6 comments:

Shopkins said...

oh my goodness annie!! what a story!! Why didn't the mom give you the code?! oh my heavens I thought i would of been peeing my pants if I saw the police officer point that gun at me. Wow Annie. So did they give you more money? and do you think you'll be babysitting them again? haha Oh annie, i'm glad you are ok!! Miss and love you!!

Meredith said...

Next time use the child as a shield...

Jenna said...

That is the craziest story I've ever heard. I'm so glad he didnt' shoot you.

Brent said...

I've fallen and I can't get up!

Paige Crickmore said...

HAHA! oh my gosh. what the heck!! you always have the best stories!

Janna said...

Only you could make babysitting into a life threatening situation...hahhaha